Are you aware of Google algorithm updates? If No! Then I will tell you about Google algorithm updates and their importance in those people’s life who want that their website to perform effectively in Google SERPs (search engine result pages). Google algorithm updates are those updates which help Google to refine their search results and these updates help Google to track that the website is developed according to their guidelines or not. It helps Google to index the quality websites in their SERPs (Search engine result pages)and rolled down the spam or bad quality websites. By doing this, google provide quality search results to their users which makes the Google most usable and best search engine in the world.
Here are Google algorithm updates which can take off your digital marketing strategy-
- Google Panda update – Google panda update is an update which was designed in February 2011 and it updates from time to time by Google. It was designed to stop those websites from ranked well in Google SERPs (search engine result pages) which have poor quality content, thin content, content which have a lot of keyword stuffing and duplicate content.
- Google penguin update – Google penguin update is an update which was designed in April 2012. It was designed to stop those websites from ranked well which was involved in buying links or link network with spammed websites. It asks the websites to remove the bad links or the links from spammed websites to rank better in Google SERPs (search engine result pages).
- Google payday update – Google payday update was launched on June 11, 2013, which was designed by Google to clean their search results from pornographic and other heavily spammed queries. It was designed to stop the websites to index in Google SERPs (search engine result pages) which are related to pornographic or other heavily spammed queries.
- Google Hummingbird – Google hummingbird is an algorithm update which was designed by Google in September 2013. The name hummingbird was coming from being precise and fast. It is completely focused on the meaning of complete query rather than on single word. When a user asks for any query from Google then google answers to that query by analyzing the meaning of complete query rather than on single word.
- Google Pigeon update – Google Pigeon update was launched on July 24, 2014. It is a new algorithm update which was designed to provide useful, relevant and accurate local results to their users. When a user searches for any query on Google, it shows the results related to nearby locations. Suppose that-If a user search for best schools then google shows the list of best schools from nearby locations.
- Google mobile-friendly update – The name of the Google mobile-friendly update is Mobilegeddon which was designed by Google on April 21, 2015. It is designed to boost mobile-friendly web pages in Google SERPs. It indexes those websites in the SERPs (search engine result pages) which are supported in Mobile phones also i.e., can be opened in Mobile phones properly.
- Google Rank Brain – Rank Brain algorithm is a part of the Google Hummingbird algorithm which is a machine learning algorithm. It was launched on October 26, 2015. It is designed to understand the meaning behind the user queries and provide the better results. Suppose that- If a user searches for Apple then the Google provides the results of Apple I-Phones rather than Apple fruit because maximum users are normally searching for Apple I-Phones. Google calls rank brain algorithm the third most important ranking factor because it helps Google to provide the effective results for a user with the help of machine learning algorithm.
- Google Possum update- Google possum update is an algorithm update which was launched on September 1, 2016, to boost the businesses located outside or inside the physical areas. It is the updated version of Google Pigeon algorithm update which ensures that local results provide the effective results for user because if a user searches for plumber and gets the plumber details from nearby location then he will be more satisfied with that result because it is easy for him to call that plumber and get the service on time.
- Google Fred update – Google Fred update is an algorithm update which was launched on March 8, 2017, to target the websites that violate the Google Webmaster’s guidelines. This update targets those websites or blogs which generates low-quality content for the purpose of generating ad revenue i.e., it rolled out those websites who want to earn money through advertisements by generating low-quality content or duplicate content.